Friday, August 22, 2008

"Lunch Ladies"


What is it that is so incredibley invigorating about lunch with good girl friends?? You girls know the kind of lunch that I am talking about, the one that you look down at your wrist and your watch portrays that more than two hours have past since you stepped foot in the door of the restaraunt. This lunch is not dependent upon gourmet cuisine, nor the extravegant atmosphere, the lighting or the perfect piece of cheesecake (although I would call it a sin to pass up a good piece of cheesecake on any ocassion). No, you leave a lunch like this feeling like you do because of the company sitting across the table. The conversations jump from subject to subject in only a seconds time, from your kids to your job to the shirt you just bought, to how much you weighed on the scale this morning, from your marriage to your parents and back to your kids. It jumps from serious and substantial, to lighthearted and fun. Ideas are shared and advice is given. It is a time to discuss life, and in this discussion, life is shared and life is made better. Thank you to my "lunch ladies" that make life, and lunch more fun!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Now I'm REALLY missing LR!! I sure miss you guys. I'd LOVE to have a girls lunch date with everybody again. Maybe....someday soon?!

Rebekah said...

Amen to missing LR Rachael! I miss you guys and our lunches more than I can bare sometimes! But in 3 weeks we can have a lunch date and all catch up!

Clay and Natalie Freeman said...

I love these lunches too. that picture sure brings back some fun memories...three of us were prego there, and two more were soon to come. Can you believe we have all had a child within 1 year of each other? Man, that just blows my mind...

Kelly B. said...

AWWWWW!! I LOVE our lunches! Can you believe I went into the hospital to have Carter the day after this photo was taken!!! I look forward to our lunches, I would reschedule just about anything for our lunches!!