Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The "Baby Drop"


You mommies out there know exactly what I am talking about, when you are holding your baby, and suddenly their head "drops", every muscle in their body goes limp, the pacifier drops out of their mouth, and they give up. They enter a land of sweet dreams about the things that make babies happy, like bottles and teddy bears and binkies and blankets. They are officially "out", and it doesn't matter if you move, or a cymbal crashes, they are down for the count. And it all happened in the comfort of your arms. During this moment, I just love to stare at my sweet little boy breathing in and out so peacefully, I like to take in the sweet sounds that he makes and feel his breath on my skin. I like to take in the sweet smell of Johnson and Johnson, and take a moment to be thankful for the amazing blessing that he is to me. The "baby drop"-- just one of the many things that I love about being a mom!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I do miss the 'baby drop'. It doesnt happen to much anymore but when I do get to hold him asleep it is so precious! Btw - we're coming to town Nov 21-30!! I can't wait to see Chandler!!