Monday, August 4, 2008

The Black Hole

Well, I talked to a friend the other day whose mother still sends letters-- yes, hand-written letters mailed with a stamp. We will refer to her as "Betsy". Betsy does not use the computer, has not entered the e-mail world, and certainly has not ventured into the realm of bloggers. Although I haven't sat down with a pen and paper lately to write any letters, I do feel out of touch with the 21st Century because I do not personally have a blog. Everywhere I go, whether it be back to my home town, or to Target, just down the street, I am bombarded with questions like "what is your blog address," or "do you have a blog," or "when are you going to start a blog?" Well, to be quite honest, much like "Betsy," I have been scared to enter into the "Blogger Abyss," if you will. I swore that I would never sucumb to the myspace world. However, you can view my myspace page on the web, just like you will soon be able to view the blog I was so hesitant to do. Because everyone, and I mean everyone that I know now communicates via the blog, and since some of my best friends have moved to far off lands (no names will be mentioned!), I, unlike the mother of my friend, have given in to the pressure. I have spent the last 2 hours, not writing a letter, but rather attempting to create my own blog! Today I have entered the black hole of choices for layouts and tried to decide on a catchy title. Today I have entered the world of posts and pictures. Today I have entered the blogging world, and what many would say-- the 21st century. So, here you go world-- Here is the Woods-In Pieces!!

No comments: