Sunday, September 28, 2008

Emergency Room- Part 2 -- White Trash Wardrobe

Those of you with babies, have you ever sworn that your baby would NEVER be taken into public in only a diaper?? Well, amongst my many visits to Wal-Mart during pregnancy, I vowed to myself that I would never, I repeat NEVER, take my baby into public wearing only his diaper. Well. desperate times call for desperate measures!! I broke that vow to myself and the world Thursday night, but let me just paint you the picture of what we look like as we enter the ER at Children's Hospital that dreadful night. Chandler is (still screaming when we walk in) sporting only his diaper. Myself, walking in alone, with no wedding ring on (it was 11pm and I had already taken it off for bed, and Jeff had to park the car, so he was not initially with me) and mascara running down my face from the tears that I had shed for my hurting baby. I bust in there (after walking through the metal detectors-- still haven't exactly figured out why the Childrens ER has metal detectors- but that was the least of my worries that night) and I hand my screaming baby over to the first nurse I see. As she proceeds to weigh him, and stick a thermometer up his rear end (yes, still screaming- and I dont blame him at that point)I feel something tickling my neck. As I look down, I discover that it is the tag of my red T-shirt, that I, in my franticness, have put on backwards. As I, in the middle of the ER attempt to remove my arms from the shirt and turn it around on my body, I realize that wardrobe flaw #2 has occurred-- my zipper is down on the very dressy jeans that I have on with my red tshirt and flip flops. I, myself, was quite a sight, backwards t-shirt, and zipper down, and then in walks my husband-- in his pajama shirt and some shorts that he obviously pulled from the hamper. What a sight we were--- only the begining of the story....

No comments: