Sunday, September 28, 2008

Emergency room-- Part 1

Where do I begin with this horrific story? Well, Thursday night we had some new friends and their one year old daughter over for dinner. Chandler was very fussy throughout much of dinner, very clingy and much needier than usual. Now, I hate to keep going on and on to our new friends about how un-characteristic this is of our son. I am sure that they were thinking, "OK girl-- stop bragging about how your baby has never cried before!, or "face it lady, you DONT have a perfect child!" ect. BUT- he was very uncharacteristic of himself. WEll, the very moment that they walked out the door, Chandler began WHALING!! We did the usual bouncing and swaying and pacifier tricks,singing, shushing, and every other trick in the book. For a solid hour and a half, he continued to WHALE. We finally called the peditrician line. When I called, the nurse asked me to hand Chandler to someone else so she could hear what I was saying. I proceded to explain to her that I was not holding him, my husband was-- and he was in another room-- just to give you a picutre of the obscenely loud crying that was going on! She then told me that this was abnormal (yes, lady, I realize that---- precisely the reason I am calling you!) and that I need to take him to the emergency room immediately. Jeff takes our baby, who is by now in only his diaper, and puts him in the car. I attempt to locate my bra, and some accetable clothing. I can, of course, only find my dressy jeans, so I throw them on with some random red t-shirt that was lying on the bed. We procede to the hospital, baby still whaling.......

No comments: